Anti Hijack Tips
BE SAFE ON OUR ROADS
1. Get an electric gate. Many hijackings and home invasions happen just as you are entering or leaving your home.
2. Have a well-lit driveway with the electric gate (that can switch to a battery during power failures) to help you get in and out safely.
3. Leave enough room between your car and the one in front at junctions and traffic lights to avoid being boxed in.
4. If you think that you are being followed, drive to the nearest police station or another safe public place with people about. Don't go home.
5. At an unusual or unexpected roadblock, keep windows closed and doors locked and ask for the police or traffic officer's identity card.
6. If you sense you are in danger, hit the button on your tracking device if you have one.
7. When driving home alone, always phone ahead to give a relative, husband or partner your expected time of
8. Get to know your neighbours and the cars they drive. This will help to identify any strange vehicles in your area.
9. Adopt a search pattern radius to scout before approaching your
10. Adjust your speed when approaching a traffic light so that you do not have to come to a complete stop.